Tuesday, February 11, 2014

happy freakin' birthday


One of my brothers turned 13 last week and I thought instead of writing him a cliche "hope you had a wonderful day" card, I would give him some advice I wished future-Kirsty had given me (because lets face it, at 13 you never listen to your parents). 


Hello brother. 

You are 13 today, and taller than Mom, congratulations :) 

Now that you are a teenager you are a few years closer to driving a car, growing your muscles and getting a husky man voice. 

But before you get to all of that here is some advice from me: 

1. Study and learn as hard as you can, your high school “social life” can distract you from your education, just remember to eat up all the knowledge you can, I wish I had. 

2. Mom WILL irritate you, she might even drop you off at school with Westlife playing FULL VOLUME and call you “Peanut” until you are 18 years old, but she loves the heck out of you! Don’t forget that. 

3. Confidence is key, who cares what people think as long as you are confident in who you are and how you do things, but whatever you do, don’t confuse cockiness with confidence. Being humble is one of the greatest characteristics you can have as a human being. 

4. You will lose socks more than anything else in the world, make sure you buy 10 kinds of the same pair and no one will know :) 

5. Pimples are kak, eat healthy food and drink LOADS of water, it helps, even if just a little. 

6. NEVER stop having fun! This one is very important, life calls for serious moments every now and then, but pick a smile over a frown when given the option. 

7. If a girl doesn’t like you, walk away, she will probably run after your chiselled jaw-lined face a few years later ;) 

8. You may hate some school subjects, excel at them anyway, you can never know too much of something. 

9. You have a sister 12 years older than you, which means when you are 18 I will be 30 and extremely jealous of your youth, I give you permission to use this fact as a running joke until we are grey-haired and wrinkly. 

10. One of the greatest quotes to live by: “In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.” 

I love the heck out of you too, I never make lists for anyone, you must be pretty damn special ;) 

SMOOOOOOOCHES! x


*

No comments:

Post a Comment