Friday, May 9, 2014

inspirations



Most of us have role models and people we look up to. I have two that stand out the most for me. I thought I would share them with you.

First off, Amanda Keith of indiejane photography



Amanda is a blogger/photographer from Oklahoma, I'm not even sure how I found her blog, but I am so glad I did, she kept me inspired whilst working a 8-5 job at an accountants office.  Now I work in the creative industry, still not quite where I'd like to be and doing the same things I've always done, but she still continues to inspire me to get to where I want to be, to push past the daily grind, she inspires me to work hard and focus on the right things in order to get to the right place.



The strange thing is I am not entirely sure how she does this, it is not really an "inspirational" blog as such, she is just being herself and posting pictures of everyday life, stories of her 4 (now 5) dogs, but thats what I love about it, its humble and perfectly sweet. Perhaps I am a bit in love with her job, her house, her confidence in what she does and how introverted she is, I struggle with being introverted at times, I'm not entirely sure how to handle certain situations, but her little "introvert quirks" almost make me feel at home on her blog. It's a comfy blog, its my safe piece of internet space if that makes any sense.

Basically, I am inspired by her success as a human being and dog mother.


*


Second we have Sharon Montrose



Sharon Montrose is an animal photographer based in the US. I stumbled across Sharons work back in 2009 when I decided I wanted to study photography (I googled something like "animal photographer, the best one"), I was absolutely in love with her style from the get go. This is more of a career inspiration as she is doing everything I wish I was doing. Hanging out with animals and taking photographs of them, everyday for her is different, that is something I would cut my baby toe off to do, no really, I would probably cut it off. 




I don't really know her personal quirks and how she feels about things in a blog sense, but just reading her "about me" section was enough to fall head over heels, we could be soulmates, cold googling french-fry-eating soulmates!



I dont know what I really want to do when I grow up (because lets face it when you are still kicking ice cubes under the fridge when they fall instead of throwing them in the sink you are FAR from grown up) but I do know that I love animals more than most things and taking photographs that I am proud of makes sun shine out of my FACE, so I am going to hold on to the thought of one day photographing a sloth hanging in my very own studio ;)



Moo.


*



2 comments:

  1. Amanda is a little like you no? With your forts and the dog(s).

    Oh and Sharon Montrose is just amazing. I want her little baby animals range in my nursery someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you could say that, but she is like me on steriods, the BIGGEST forts and FIVE dogs!!

      Right, how incredible, stunning images and I LOVE how they are all slightly comical :)

      Delete